Sunday, August 21, 2011

Supernaturally by Kiersten White

From Goodreads:

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.

So, finally I snatched this one up and read it.  I've been waiting to read this since it came out!  It's been sitting on my pile, waiting patiently for me for a few weeks.  My daughter snatched it up first and I think she's read it twice already.  :)

I had fun getting back with Evie, living the normal life.  School, work and homework aren't exactly all it's cracked up to be.  I love how the locker is still the highlight of her high school experience.  I missed the use of tasy in this book.  Poor tasy is left behind way too much...

I love the humor in the book, a little snarky and sarcastic but never vulgar.  I think after reading these books, there should be a sigh chart made along with facial features.  Or maybe it should be an interactive sound sigh book.  Yeah, that would be fun.

One of my favorite parts was when Evie uses memories of the people she loves the most to get her through a tough spot.  She remembers what she is living for and that love gives her strength and direction.  I also appreciate that Evie makes mistakes.  She's not perfect but she is trying to do the right things.  

I really enjoyed this book.  It's always happy to me to find books that I can share with my kids without worrying about content.  It's a fast read, not too heavy, but lots of fun.  I'm really looking forward to the next book to see how Evie's life resolves with all the new revelations in this book.

3 comments:

  1. I tried reading Paranormalcy a few months back and just couldn't get into it for whatever reason. But the more I read reviews like this, it keeps reminding me I need to give this series another shot. People love this series, and I love that you can also share it with your daughter. That means I'd have no qualms about recommending this to my younger cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Supernaturally. I've heard some mixed reviews. I LOVED Paranormalcy so I'm hoping I'll love this one, too. I really appreciate funny and CLEAN in a YA book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hannah~ well, we all know that not every book is for every person, but I hope you will give it another shot. It's a fun book.

    @Shanda~ I think you will enjoy this one too. :) At least, I hope you will!

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.