Friday, March 8, 2013

The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.


During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.

First off, a big shout out of love to NetGalley where bloggers and reviewers everywhere get to pick up awesome books.  :)

The last book in the Goddess Test series comes to an end.  I'm part sad, part relieved.  Getting to the end of a series means closure and resolution and I love that.  Especially if there are some happily ever afters in that closure.  But it's hard to let characters you love go.  <sniff, sniff>

I will miss Kate and Henry.

There were a few things I especially loved about this book.  I loved that Henry and Kate were working more together against the big evil and not working so much against each other.  Of course, each is trying to be the one to save the other but they have a common goal now~ their child.  Maybe it's because I have a child that I felt deeply Kate's desperate need to ensure her child's safety.  She will do whatever it takes.  I can relate to that.

Kate has a rough time of it in this book.  She is feeling the weight of the world, literally, on her shoulders.  She doubts her ability to find a way out of the mess with Cronus.  But the people that love her give her the encouragement that she needs to believe she can do it.  Or at least try.  

I just love books based around mythology.  I'd sure like to see a book dedicated to James.  Or even Ava's son.  I think we were left with some possibilities there.  

I really loved this book.  I have enjoyed this whole series and I'm sad to see it end but I loved the ending.  Kate's compassion to Cronus really touched me.  If you have read this already, you know what I'm talking about.  If you haven't read it yet, just wait.  You are in for a fantastic read.  :)  There is some swearing and some talk of sexual activity.  You can find Goddess Inheritance and all the Goddess Test series on Amazon.

"You saved my life, Kate.  You gave me everything.  There is nothing I would rather do than be with you forever."

Goodbye Kate and Henry.  

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this sounds great. I've been meaning to read this series for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I love this series and I love Greek Mythology! Kate is a wonderful character to read about. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard lots of good things about this book. Go to check it out and the cover is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The genre is not my usual reading fare but you make me want to buy it and read it today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a lot of hype about this series. I really need to check them out. They sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.