Monday, April 29, 2013

Truth or Date by Susan Hatler

Better Date than Never Series, Book 2

Gina Hall is done with men who won’t commit. Ten years waiting for her ex to propose wasted her time. Never again. When her friend Kristen starts a game of Truth or Dare, she dares Gina to go on a date with Ethan, who’s amazing and total marriage material.

As Gina plans the going away party for office playboy Chris Bradley, she spontaneously initiates a game of Truth or Dare with him. When his turn comes around, he dares Gina to pose as his girlfriend to help get a flirty colleague off his back. Gina finds playing couple with Chris way too much fun.

Even though Gina and Chris are pretending, their relationship begins to feel painfully real. Fearing she might be falling for another fly-by man, Gina must focus on Ethan so she doesn’t make the same dating mistakes all over again.

Hey everyone!  Did you all have a grand weekend?  I kicked my weekend off with this book, Truth or Date by Susan Hatler.  Friday night, it's late and very quiet at my house.  I'm curled up in bed reading a witty, fun, romantic book.  Perfect, right?

I really needed a good light-hearted distraction.  I was in the mood for a romance because I've been reading lots of dystopian and paranormal lately.  (which I also enjoy, don't get me wrong) A clean romance is where my heart sighs though.  I just can't help it.  

Truth or Date is the second book in a series but these books are stand alone books for sure.  You don't have to read one before another to be in the loop.  These are also short stories, so be aware that they will probably end way before you are ready!  

Susan is so good at writing romance.  I just loved Gina and Chris.  Their interactions are believable and real.  Dialogue flows and it's so easy to settle in to the vibe.  The attraction is palpable, humming as tensions build.  Yummy stuff, that.  (ooh, I'm just thinking I should have been eating Oreo cookies while reading this.  That would have even more awesome.)

So, yeah, if you have a couple hours to devote to reading and you have a hankering for a good romance that will make you smile, you need to check this book out.  Indulge, enjoy!

My thanks to Susan for being the most awesome author friend and sending me her book to read and review.  It's always a happy day to get a note in my mailbox from Susan. 

You can find Truth or Date at Amazon for just $1.99!  Sweet hook up there.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Aimee!! I'm glad you had fun with Gina and Chris. Good call on the Oreos. Maybe even Double Stuff, huh? Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.