Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ready...Set...Forever by Franci Burchett

Paperback: 482 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (April 17, 2013)
Language: English

Have you ever found yourself wondering about the meaning of life? Why are we here? What is our purpose? Two best friends, Alizabeth and Kobe, were far too young to have life figured out, but understood one simple concept...just live it. Alizabeth left behind her father’s hand-me-down successful business and Kobe gave up college to run off to California. They abandoned their trivial lives in search of incredible ones. Alizabeth falls hard for a young man that will forever change her life. After a grand adventure, she will find her treasures in the most unobvious places. Together, the girls will do the impossible and learn that life and purpose is not about where you live or what you accomplish, but all about living a life that will inspire others. They discover they can never know what life will offer, but they can count on God making it worth the ride.

As you can probably tell from the blurb above, Ready...Set...Forever is a Christian Fiction book.  There were moments when it seemed very Christian to me and other times it totally did not.  Take that for whatever it's worth.  :)

There are lots of things to love about this book.  First, the characters grow on you.  They are easy to relate to and I found myself caring about them.  I love the friendship between Alizabeth and Kobe.  They are the best of supports for each other and they know how to forgive quickly.  The second thing I loved about this book was the emotional draw it had.  Because the characters were easy to relate to, I developed an emotional bond to them.  All of them, really.  The story tugged at my heart strings and evoked real emotion in me.  I love when books can do that.

The biggest drawback for me was how long the book was.  It is super-dee-duper long.  I felt like it got to a point where it was dragging and I just wanted to skim to get to the end but I didn't.  I'm glad because I would have missed out on some great things, but I do feel like the book just went on for too long.  It was like a saga.  

This is a great story of friendship, sacrifice, forgiveness and love.  I'm glad I had the chance to read it.  It is a story that will make you feel good, feel sad, but feel good again.

Paperback available at:
Amazon
Createspace.com

I am Christian writer with a strong passion to share what I have learned about God's love through some intense life struggles. My stories reflect these experiences and will inspire others to seek out God's peace, purpose and plan for their lives.
Franciburchett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.