Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Worth the Wait by Laura Jackson

Ellie Lansing has a picture-perfect life with a close-knit family and the perfect boyfriend. But her world is suddenly knocked off center when her drool-worthy boyfriend cheats, and her always-has-it-together mother is diagnosed with cancer. Ellie doesn't get it. She always does the right thing - doesn't God owe her a happy life? Through her heartache, Ellie learns that sometimes what seems like the end is really just the beginning and that what God has for us is always worth the wait.

Worth the Wait is a sort of coming of age/romance, Christian Fiction book.  Ellie is young and in love.  She has everything she wants and believes her life to be nearly perfect.  But, as most of us know, life is rarely perfect for long.  

Ellie gets bombarded with difficult things seemingly all at once.  Cancer, cheating boyfriend, nasty rumors.  High school is a difficult place and Ellie feels overwhelmed.  Lucky for her she has some good friends and adult support that help her navigate the rough waters.

I liked Ellie.  I think we can all relate to the "what have I done to deserve this" mentality that usually accompanies the hard things life throws at us.  Ellie stands up for what she believes in but then questions those morals when things go wrong.  I think this is also typical- especially for a teenager.  She remains true though and in the end, not only does she come out stronger, but wiser too.  

This was an easy reading kind of book.  It felt real and would definitely be relatable to many young teenage girls.  It's the kind of book that would help struggling girls find hope when going through similar things.  My thanks to the author, Laura Jackson for allowing me to read and review this book for her.

You can purchase Worth the Wait at Amazon.

I love books. As a school librarian, I get to share books with kids all day. Then I come home and write.
As a follower of Jesus, my goal is to share stories that not only entertain readers but also bring glory to Him.
I also love trees and cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.