Friday, June 20, 2014

Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck (The Royal Wedding Series)

Regina Beswick never dreamed of faraway places. She’s happy with her life as a classic car mechanic and owner of a restoration shop.

But an unexpected visitor and the discovery of a fairytale, drawn by her great-grandma, causes Regina to wonder if she might be destined for something more.

Tanner Burkhardt, Minister of Culture for the Grand Duchy of Hessenberg, must convince the strong-willed Southerner, Miss Beswick, that she is his country’s long-lost princess. Failure could destroy his reputation and change his nation forever.

As Regina and Tanner face the challenges before them, neither are prepared for love to invade their hearts and change every thing they believe about themselves.

However, when a royal opponent nearly destroys Regina’s future, she must lean into God and trust He has sovereignly brought her to her true and final destiny.

This is a series I've had my eye on for awhile.  Ever since the first book came out (Once Upon a Princess), I've been wanting to read it.  My library has the ebook of the first book so I picked that up and read it and then I came across this second book in the series on NetGalley and knew I had to read it.

What draws me to this series in the first place is that I've read books by Rachel Hauck before and I know what I going to get.  She is a Christian Fiction author so I know the book will be clean (no sex, no swearing and no profanity).  I know from the cover that I'm going to get a romantic sort of book and (fingers crossed) a happily ever after ending because you cannot put "Ever After" in the title and not make it happily, right?!

One thing I really loved about this book was that even though there was instant attraction, there wasn't an instant relationship or "love".  There is a difference between attraction and love and I really enjoyed how this relationship progressed- naturally and slowly.

Regina and Tanner were both realistic characters, each with shortcomings and weaknesses but both trying hard to make good decisions and become better.  Regina never expected to be pulled out of her dream come true of owning her own garage.  It was just getting started when she was so suddenly uprooted and thrown into a life completely foreign to her.  Regina shows courage through all the challenges.  Tanner is patient and strong.  I really liked him and his role in this book.

I think this book could easily stand alone but I was glad to have the first book in my head before I read this book.  It helped me understand other characters in this book who were prominent in the first book.

You can purchase this book at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.