Thursday, September 18, 2014

Faded by Chloe Miles

Savannah wanted to kiss him, but she had never even kissed a human guy before, let alone a ghost. How was she supposed to kiss him if he wasn’t really there?

Savannah has never been in love before, but she’s in love with Hunter Emmerton. He’s cute, funny, charming ... and a ghost. How can you date someone if nobody else can see them?

When seventeen-year-old Savannah Fraser and her three friends are killed in a car accident, they are given a second chance at life by a group of century-old earthbound spirits who need their help.

I'm always a bit sorry when I read a book and do not like it.  It makes me feel bad to have to say that I didn't enjoy it because I know how much work and effort go into writing a book.  I really don't like negative reviews but as a reviewer, when you are asked for your honest opinion, you give it.

This book had so much potential.  The premise sounded intriguing and I was interested in reading it.  The actual play out of the potential ideas were lacking though.  Sometimes books grab you from the beginning and sometimes it takes a few chapters to get into a book but this book just never took off for me.

One thing that just bugged me was when Savannah and Hunter "kiss".  Neither one can feel it, which is just weird, but then Savannah says that even though she couldn't feel it, it was perfect.  Huh?  Okaaaaay.

The book itself seemed very simplistic to me.  The dialogue, everything.  I didn't connect to the characters at all.  The emotion fell flat and I just had a really hard time engaging.  The pacing was so slow and some scenes got so long that I started skimming.  The tension was missing.  (Ugh.  I just hate saying things like that.)  I read a lot of books.  I  know a good book when I read one and unfortunately, for me, this book wasn't one of those.  

There are plenty of other people who have read this book and enjoyed it though, so check out what other people are saying and decide for yourself.  I am one girl in a sea of readers and everyone has their own preferences.

* Amazon *  Goodreads *

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean that you hate being negative in a review, but honesty is important so that your readers will trust your opinion. The book reviewers I follow that give EVERYTHING 5 stars are not ones whose opinions I turn to when considering a book purchase. Your review here is tastefully done, and not nasty, which I'm sure the author would appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review; this book sounds interesting. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the premise of this one, though it sounds similar to several other books. Unfortunately it sounds like this one just didn't work, and the reasons you gave (ie: simplistic) make me pretty sure I won't enjoy it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are honest. I hope that the author will continue to write though, I liked the premise and practice, practice, practice only makes perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great honest review. This sounds like a love triangle. Interesting one though

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book sounds interesting and different. Thank you for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.