Thursday, September 25, 2014

This Hero for Hire by Cynthia Thomason

He's more than her protector…

Being a cop in a small Georgia town is a pretty peaceful job, and one that Boone Braddock takes pride in. Babysitting the governor's daughter, however, isn't Boone's idea of police duty. Especially when it's Susannah Rhodes, who has an impulsive streak a mile wide.

Boone was Susannah's crush in high school. He's still unmistakably handsome. Worse yet, it's impossible to keep anything from him—like the real reason she's returned home. And it's more impossible still to keep her distance. Because a long time ago, the two had shared something special. Something that was never finished….

I love the Harlequin Heartwarming line.  I always know what I'm going to get- sweet romances with no surprise sex scenes.  For a girl who loves clean romance, I just can't go wrong when I pick up from the Heartwarming line.  My thanks to Harlequin for allowing me to read and review these sweet romances for them.  (and thanks also to NetGalley for providing an awesome place for publishers and reviewers to link up!)

This Hero for Hire was a great diversion.  Sometimes my mind just begs for a mindless romantic escape.  I got it with this book.  Plus a little added bit of suspense which helped hold my interest through the end.

Boone is a kind and upstanding sort of guy.  He takes his job, his land and his family seriously.  There are a lot of things to like about Boone.  Mostly I admired his patience.  He has it in spades.

Susannah is an organic fanatic- trying to convert the world one field at a time.  It's funny because I just got through reading a non-fiction book about healthy, organic eating right before I picked this book up.  It was just funny to me to read about a fictional character who sounded much like the author of the non-fiction book I just read.  Well, I'm pretty sure that Susannah was a mite less bit fanatical.  Organic farming and organic eating are definitely picking up in popularity so this book fit right in with that.

If you love clean romance, you should try the Heartwarming line from Harlequin.  If you are in the mood for some light, romantic reading with a touch of suspense, this is your book.  Especially if you love them cowboys!  

You can purchase this book on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.