Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Shamrock Case (An Amelia Moore Detective Series) by Linda Weaver Clarke

Amelia Moore, the founder of the Moore Detective Agency, specializes in missing persons. Her cases have taken her to some very interesting places and put her in some dangerous situations, but she always solves the case. With the help of Rick Bonito, her new partner, her business is flourishing. When Amelia is hired to search for her client's grandparents, the case takes them to Ireland. Kate must learn about her heritage. Who are her grandparents and could they still be alive after all these years? Why did her parents leave Ireland suddenly and move to America? Is there more to this case than meets the eye?


The Shamrock Case is about the most gentle, easy going mystery that I've ever read.  Cozy is a great word to describe it.  To me, this book felt less like an actual mystery and more like a family history discovery trip to Ireland.  Amelia takes along her hunky, handsome (can do no wrong, knight in shining armor, rescuer of small children) partner, Rick.  It's all set up like the perfect vacation.

For me, this book was sweet and clean.  There was nothing to get worked up about at all.  I enjoyed reading it but was never invested emotionally.  I was missing that depth and richness that pull me in as a reader and make me a part of the book.  The story was told in a very straight forward manner.  I wanted to be wrapped up in growing tension and swirling feelings but I didn't get that.  However, this was a good book.  It was a simple story, easy to read and had a happily ever after ending.  And did I mention it was clean?  I really appreciated that.

This is the second book in the Amelia Moore Detective Series.  I haven't read the first book but I didn't feel like was missing too much picking up the second book to begin with.  The main events from the first books were mentioned in this book and I felt up to speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.