Friday, January 30, 2015

Betting On Hope by Debra Clopton

A bet gone wrong. A small town s meddling. And a cowboy intent on saving his ranch.

Maggie Hope is an advice columnist whose background leaves her with little advice to give . . . and it s beginning to show. When Maggie fills in at an interview with champion horse trainer Tru Monahan, the on-camera chemistry between them is undeniable. Maggie s bosses know this is the opportunity she's been looking for to launch her career and their bank accounts. In order to save her column, Maggie takes Tru up on the betthat he can teach her to ride a quick-stepping cutting horse like any cowgirl, despite the fact that she has never been on a horse. And in the meantime, she can get the scoop on the man under the cowboy hat.

Tru has been on the competition circuit for longer than he d like, but he knows it's the only way he can afford to keep the Four of Hearts Ranch that means so much to his ailing grandfather. So when his sponsors see the opportunity for Tru s fans to get to know the star on a more intimate level, he knows he must oblige. To his dismay, Maggie not only invades his small town of Wishing Springs, but she also invades his heart, and that is something he cannot let any woman do for her own good.

In Wishing Springs, Maggie finds what she has always been looking for: a community and a home. But when her past catches up to her, it threatens everything, even the tender hope that this town holds all of her heart s desires.

 * Amazon * Goodreads *

What is it with swoony cowboys?  I don't know but I sure like it.  Tru is swoony.  A little dense sometimes, but swoony for sure.  And loyal.  And hardworking.

Maggie will capture your heart.  I loved her from the beginning and I loved her even more by the end.  Life and it's challenges has made Maggie empathetic and compassionate.  She is strong but not in an overbearing and forceful way.  I like that about her.

One of the things that I loved about this book was the developing stories within the story.  The romance was slow moving but provided that pull and tension between characters.  Both Maggie and Tru have stories that unfold as they go along.  The author did an excellent job of allowing me to get to know characters in a gentle and real way.  It all felt good.

This book hit the spot for me.  I was in the mood for a clean romance, a handsome cowboy and an overall satisfying story that went a little deeper than the usual fluff.  (don't get me wrong though.  I LOVE fluff!!)  This is a Christian Fiction book, I would say light on the Christian.  I'm really looking forward to reading about the brothers in future books.  

My thanks to Thomas Nelson Publishing for allowing me to read and review this title for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.