Friday, February 13, 2015

Music Review of Madilyn Paige


This stunning self-titled debut EP features a set of tunes notable for their raw emotion and beautiful soundscapes. Madilyn wrote or co-wrote every song on the album, drawn from her own struggles as a teenager and her heartfelt expressions of the joy she finds in life. The first track, "Irreplaceable," begins with aching introspection and soars to an assurance of self-worth; the following track, "Foolish Game," was written right after Madilyn left the TV show The Voice and gives insight into the inevitability of discouragement in life and the realization that you can rise above the games that people play. An epic movie score string section combines with powerful rhythms on "Undercover," a breathtaking song about overcoming sadness and seeking the light all around you. The final track, "Little Things," playfully reminds us that the little things in life are the source of true joy.


Every now and then I get to review music which I love almost as much as I love books.  :)  I was excited to sign on to review this CD.  Even though I don't watch The Voice where Madilyn had her debut, I know a little bit about her journey.  My teenage girls were able to hear Madilyn speak at a gathering for teenagers.  She also performed Irreplaceable for them.  My daughters came home so impressed so when I saw the opportunity to review Madilyn's new CD, I jumped on it!

I popped this CD in my car as I was running around one day.  I listened to it a couple times through and I really enjoyed it.  The messages are all positive and it has a good vibe.  When I got home I brought the CD in with me and set it on the counter.  My daughter saw it when she got home from school and asked if she could listen to it.  I never saw that CD again, but I've heard it almost every day since, playing in the basement.  My girls love this CD.  The CD has 7 tracks with six different songs and one remix.

Unexpected Bonus:  My daughters and I got tickets (thank you Deseret Book!!!) to Madilyn's first concert!  We had such a good time!  Taking my girls to that concert made me the best mom ever.  At least for one night.  :)

So, here is the video for Madilyn's first track, "Irreplaceable".  It has an awesome message for teenagers and adults alike.  It's one of my favorite songs.  I think every teenager should listen to this song.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dosLdLCAED8



No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.