Monday, March 2, 2015

House Divided by Jennifer Peel


There is a law irrevocably decreed in the state of Alabama that you must choose a team. You're either an Auburn fan or an Alabama Fan. There is no fence sitting or waffling. It’s one or the other. However, it doesn't mean that you can’t fall in love with someone from the opposing side. They even have a name for it ... House Divided.

Ellie Eaton and Brady Jackson were just such a couple, but unfortunately they were separated by more than just their loyalty to a university. Against the odds and against the rules, Ellie and Brady dove right into the forbidden current of friendship and then love. Their sweet, innocent romance was one for the storybooks, but old rules and family prejudices ultimately tore them apart, just as they were each ready to depart to their beloved universities, Ellie to Auburn and Brady to Alabama. But years later, when near tragedy strikes, they're brought together again and given a second chance at love, this time with the help from some very unlikely sources.

House Divided is a sweet romance filled with southern charm, a dash of humor and, for good measure, a pinch of lies and intrigue.

 * Amazon * Goodreads *
 

I am a sucker for second chance at first love books.  I can't help it.  This is one of those kind of books.  Ellie and Brady are drawn to each other early on.  They hide their relationship because Eatons and Jacksons do not mix and they definitely do not date.  But Ellie and Brady stand against the dumb rules and decided to pursue a relationship.  Until Brady breaks things off and Ellie is left heartbroken.

Enter years of misunderstanding and two not so happy people.

Then circumstance bring them back to the same place at the same time.  Second chances.

I really enjoyed this book.  It was easy reading and kept me in my happy place.  Ellie and Brady are both great characters.  I love how hard Brady tries to show Ellie how much he loves her.  He is a southern gentleman and a determined pursuer.  So romantic.  I love how things come together in the end where secrets are revealed and there is more happy than sad.

This is a clean romance.  There is some kissing.

My thanks to Jennifer Peel, author, for allowing me to read and review her books.  She is a newer author to me and this is the second book I've read by her.  I'm looking forward to reading more by her in the near future.  I love adding new authors to my clean romance favorites list.  :)


1 comment:

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.