Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Eyes Unveiled by Crystal Walton


Twenty-one-year-old Emma Matthews lost the song in her heart the same night she lost her dad. With an unfulfilled promise and an ultimatum shadowing her junior year of college, maybe it’s better that way. You can’t hurt if you can’t feel.

But when the reflection she sees in musician Riley Preston’s eyes borders dangerously close to the one she’s spent the last five years searching for, Emma discovers her walls can’t guard her heart from its fiercest desire. Terrified of what she’s experiencing, and even more afraid of what she might lose, Emma grapples for the courage to hold on to one dream without abandoning the promise of another.

Contemporary Inspirational Romance novel Eyes Unveiled lets you relive those heartfelt moments when you don’t know how you’d survive a day without your best friend, when you’re trying to figure out who you are and what you’re supposed to do with your life, and when falling in love changes everything.

 * GoodreadsAmazon *

If you are looking for a book that is emotionally driven, this is your book.  I went through a whole array of emotions while reading this book.  This is a story about self-discovery, friendships and love.

I loved the immediate interest and attraction Emma had when she saw and heard Riley sing.  He spoke to her soul and I loved that.  Riley and Emma share a connection through music but they develop a friendship that expands beyond just music.

Emma was an easy character to relate to.  She seemed very human although maybe just a titch naive.  She doesn't ever expect the worst of people.  Emma has good friends and a good relationship with her brother.  I liked that support system for Emma.  It was good to see Emma grow and strengthen throughout the book.  Her struggles made her stronger.

There is a huge love triangle in this book and love triangles aren't my favorite, but I know they do happen in life and I can accept that.  The resolution of the triangle in this book seemed a bit unrealistic to me though.  

Overall, I enjoyed this book.  It was clean (no swearing or sexual content) and I'm always grateful for that.  I hear the next book in the series is coming out in July so I'll be looking forward to that.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Aimee, thanks so much for being willing to give a new author a try. I appreciate your time & feedback so much. Love triangles are really tricky things, aren't they? Most people either love or hate them. And it's always so interested to see the different reactions. This one actually extends throughout the series, so there's a reason it doesn't feel resolved in this book. I gotta be honest though, I don't think I'll ever write another one. lol. At least, not to this extent. They can be pretty heart wrenching. Thanks again for spending a little time with these characters and for blessing me as an author. Hope you get to enjoy some really great reads this summer!

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.