Friday, June 5, 2015

Rori's Healing (Harmon Heritage, Book 1) by Dora Hiers

Still stinging from the publicity surrounding her father's death, social phobic Rori Harmon prefers the solitude of her animal sanctuary, accepting that marriage isn’t in her future. Racecar Driver Graham Decker refuses to be wrangled into a relationship by another money-hungry female. On a philanthropy mission, he arrives just in time to assist Rori with a llama birthing, but his appearance thrusts her into the media spotlight again. Has Graham found a woman who doesn't care how deep his wallet extends? Has Rori finally met a man who will stick around when times get tough? Is healing for a hurting heart finally within Rori's reach?

 * GoodreadsAmazon *

Here's a new, clean romance releasing today!  Dora Hiers is a new author for me and I'm always happy to find new authors to love.

This book caught my attention right away.  Rori runs a animal sanctuary and has quite a few llamas under her care.  One of the llamas is ready to give birth and Rori is looking for a vet to show up and help her.  Graham happens on the situation for totally different reasons, but Rori mistakenly thinks Graham is the vet and he doesn't correct her.  It's a great way to start off the book and it immediately sucked me in.

I loved Graham and Rori.  I loved Rori's support system and how kind they were to her.  Graham is patient and persistent.  He knows he has to prove himself to Rori and earn her trust.  It was good stuff.

The only complaint I have is the cover for this book.  While a pretty cover, I feel like it doesn't represent what's inside at all.  I would have liked to have seen something that represented Rori and Graham better.

I read through this book quickly and had small tantrums in my head when I had to put it down.  :)  I can't wait to read the next book- hopefully about Rori's long lost brother who left his bride (and Rori's best friend) at the alter!  

This is a clean romance- no swearing or sexual situations.  It is also Christian Fiction.

1 comment:

  1. Aimee!! You have me in tears! Thank you for such kind words about Rori's Healing! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and yes, the next Harmon Heritage book is about Savvy and Beck. :)

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.