Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Girl in Seat 24B by Jennifer Peel

One red eye flight and ten years of marriage later, Carly Bishop had what she considered a practically perfect life. Her journalist husband and her two adorable children were everything to her. But soon she would find out that her dream life didn't fall in line with her husband's expectations.

Left alone to sort out the pieces of her crumbling life, Carly finds strength in her children and her growing relationship with her in-laws. Most importantly, she finds her greatest strength as she builds a friendship with herself.

This is a beautiful story of one woman's strength and determination as she finds the will to move forward and be happy while the life she had grown to love crumbles around her. It is a story of a man who has lost his way and may lose it all if he can't find his way back. The Girl in Seat 24B is a story of love and forgiveness.

 * GoodreadsAmazon *

I have now officially read every book by Jennifer Peel.  This was the last book to check off my list.  Something I love about Jennifer Peel is her ability to make me feel like each of her books are something new and different.  This book isn't anything like her other books, it's a bit tragic and sad but not without hope.  It has a completely different feel to it than her newest book, Trouble in Loveland. (which I loved, by the way!)

I was, from beginning to end, pulled into the dynamics of this book.  It felt so real and emotional.  I really had a hard time pulling myself away from this story and these characters.  Consequently, I read through this book in a day.  (yeah, not much else got done...)

Carly is an incredibly patient and kind woman.  A much better woman than I am.  No doubt I would have reacted in a much less stellar way if I was in her position.  I really liked Carly though.  She is strong, resourceful and did I mention patient?  Man.  So patient. Like, she might be a saint, patient.  Jennifer Peel wrote this in such a way that it really felt personal to me-  like my friend telling me a heartbreaking story.  I really, really liked it.

One thing that I still just do not understand completely is Michael and his complete about face.  I mean, he was wishy washy for most of the book and I got that, but then he completely went the other way with such gusto and I'm not sure I completely bought into how that came about.  Especially after so long.  It was a small thing really, and one probably more based on my personal experiences and personality than anything else.  

Bottom line:  I loved it.  I was emotionally invested and that, to me, is really the beginning and end of it all.  If you can make me feel something and make me care, you have done a good job.  So, good job, Jennifer!  Thank you for allowing me to read and review for you.  I love your books, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next!




1 comment:

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.