Friday, November 27, 2015

Storm (Western Hearts #2) by Kate Palmer


A woman rancher struggles to save her ranch, but it’s her heart she’s most in danger of losing.
Storm’s ranch is teetering on the edge of bankruptcy after cattle rustlers strike. When her part-time ranch hand dies under suspicious circumstances, two neighboring ranchers step in to help. In jeopardy of losing the only place that’s ever felt like home, who can she trust with her heart?

 * Amazon * Goodreads *

Ummm, there were lots of yummy parts in this book.  Mostly is relation to Dak, although he had a rocky start.  He did own up to his mistake though and worked really hard to prove he was sorry.  I liked the way Dak was patient with Storm.  Sometimes it reminded me of how a parent tries to teach and reason with a child, which doesn't say too much for Storm, I guess.

Storm is a fiercely independent woman.  She is tough on the outside but is insecure and scared on the inside.  I thought she acted very childish a lot of the time- especially in relation to Dak and other people trying to be friendly and help but even I can't deny the love and loyalty she had for her Uncle Boots or how hard she worked. 

There were parts in this book that literally had my emotions threatening to spill over.  My heart may have broken just a little bit.  While I hate to get emotional, I love when a book can evoke such real emotions in me.  This one did.

I enjoyed the bit of suspense thrown in to the story line.  It was a good book and I really enjoyed reading it.  I haven't read the first book in this series, but I wasn't lost or missing anything by having not read it.  I am going to go back and read it though and I'm looking forward to the next book in this series by Kate Palmer.

Content:  Clean!  

2 comments:

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.