Thursday, December 17, 2015

Changing Light (Wentworth Cove #2) by Rebecca Stevenson


Haunted by a tragedy in his past and estranged from his parents, photographer Josh Whitehall shuns close relationships and wants nothing to do with pesky children. But when Faith Parker and her exuberant eleven-year-old brother move to Wentworth Cove, Maine, his world is turned upside down.

When Josh hears that Daniel needs a photography mentor, he can’t refuse fast enough. That is, until he meets Faith…

Gradually, Daniel’s zest for life and Faith’s friendship begin to bring healing to Josh in a most unexpected way.


Changing Light is the second book in this Wentworth Cove series.  I haven't read the first book, but I didn't feel like it mattered while reading this book.  I love the coastal Maine setting- it's someplace I'd love to visit one day.  Especially the lighthouse mentioned!  I'd love to photograph that myself.

This is a Christian fiction book but not overly preachy.  It was more faith based, which I liked.  This is a slow moving story of friendship.  The romance is hardly even there but the real story lies in the bonds of family and friendship.

I liked this story and it's characters.  While I didn't feel the emotional connection I was looking for, I did appreciate the message this story was trying to get across.  It was sweet and clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.