Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Fooling Around with Cinderella by Stacy Juba


What happens when the glass slippers pinch Cinderella’s toes? When Jaine Andersen proposes a new marketing role to the local amusement park, general manager Dylan Callahan charms her into filling Cinderella’s glass slippers for the summer. Her reign transforms Jaine’s ordinary life into chaos that would bewilder a fairy godmother. Secretly dating her bad boy boss, running wedding errands for her ungrateful sisters, and defending herself from the park’s resident villain means Jaine needs lots more than a comfy pair of shoes to restore order in her kingdom. First in the Storybook Valley series, a blend of sweet romance, chick lit, and fairy tale fun.


This is a new author to me and the beginning of a new book series.  I'm pretty excited about it!  It's always fun to find new authors that you enjoy.

I really liked Jaine.  She seemed like a real person to me.  In my head I called her Jainey.  Because it was more familiar and I felt like I knew her.  :)  My favorite parts are when Jaine believes in herself and stands up for herself.  It happens a few times in the book  and I wanted to clap every time.

This book was fun and flirty.  The sparks were zinging between Dylan and Jaine leaving me with the perfect amount of tension.  It was right in my sweet spot with dialogue and sweet romance.  I really liked it!

The secondary characters were fun as well and I'm looking forward to getting their stories next.  This is a series I will be following.

Content:  Mild-moderate swearing and profanity (which was the only thing about this book that I didn't like).  




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the review! Wishing you a magical new year!

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.