Monday, July 11, 2016

Happy Release Day to Rachel Laine: Women of Merryton #3 by Jennifer Peel



Rachel Whitney’s life changed forever when Drew, the son of her twin sister, Sydney, was placed in her arms—and there he stayed. At twenty-two, she had no idea what she was doing, but in that moment, she knew that raising Drew was what she was meant to do with her life.

Fiercely independent, Rachel makes her own way managing her family's insurance agency. Decidedly against introducing any men into her life, or Drew’s, she protects her heart against all romantic entanglements. But what she didn’t count on was a letter from her sister that leads a famous secret to her door eight years after her sister’s death. A secret with the same eyes as her son’s.

Desperate not to get the courts involved, Rachel allows Drew’s previously unknown father, Andrew Turner, into their lives, and to her surprise, little by little into her heart. But for Rachel, taking that step could open her family to a firestorm of media attention that not even Merryton can protect them from. Is love worth the risk? Or will Andrew's fame and ambition ruin their chances?


I'm pretty sure that the word love is going to be severely overused in this review.  I sincerely apologize ahead of time.

Happy Release Day to Rachel Laine!!!

LOVE!  :)  

Here's my LOVE list.

1.  Jennifer Peel- seriously one of my favorite authors.  I met Jennifer a couple months ago where I scored a stack of her books, all autographed because she is generously awesome that way.  I haven't met a Jennifer Peel book I haven't loved.  Now they are gracing my bookshelf in full glory.  I LOVE that.  If you haven't read any books by Jennifer Peel, well, what are you waiting for?!  It's time!

2.  This Series- one of my favorites.  You don't have to read these book in any order, but it will just give you more perspective into the secondary characters if you do.  You can easily start with this book and be perfectly happy.

3.  This Book- LOVE!  The thing about Jennifer Peel is that she knows how to write characters that you feel like you know.  By the end of the book I feel like those characters are mine.  I know them, I love them.  I have been there every step of their journey and it feels like it's been my journey too.  

4.  These Characters!- Rachel is so fierce when it comes to loving and protecting Drew but she is also generous and kind.  She wants what is best for her son and she puts aside her feelings to give him that.  Rachel gives more to Andrew than I probably would have.  Drew is energetic and cute.  He is a great addition to this book and really makes the scenes come alive.  I didn't love Andrew right away but he grew on me right along with Rachel and Drew.

5.  The Ending- I love when I come to the end of a great, romantic book and my heart gives a contented sigh.  It just feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.