Friday, January 13, 2017

Falling for Sydney by Heather B. Moore


Sydney has been the perfect friend, the perfect daughter, and Rian checks off on her perfect fiancé list. But when Sydney notices a strange truck parked in her fiancé’s parking spot, she’s in for the surprise of her life. Not only is Rian not who she thought he was, but his brother Jake is about to turn her life upside down.


I love Heather Moore.  I love her writing style and I love her books.  She is one of my favorite authors and I love reading and reviewing her books.

This book is the first book in Falling series.  It is a short story- only about 73 pages on my kindle.  The author does a good job of giving me a sense of knowing these characters in a short amount of time.  I felt like I understood Sydney, Rian and Jake and what they were about.  The scenes were so easy to picture in my mind.  It played out like a movie and I always love that!

This story did feel a bit rushed though.  It was hard for me to believe so many deep feelings could develop so quickly given the circumstances.  Attraction, yes.  Gratitude, yes.  Interest, yes.  But more than that?  In just a couple days?  I might have been able to believe it more if there hadn't been a declared love interest for Sydney already.  Yes, he's a lying lowlife, but she loved him.  Does that turn off and on so quickly?

Regardless of all that, I enjoyed this book.  The first sparks of attraction are always fun to read about.  Jake is such a good guy, I just couldn't help but love him.  I love the cover and I'm looking forward to the rest of the stories in this series.

Falling for Maria (coming February 2017)
Falling for June (coming Summer 2017)

Content:  a couple instances of swearing, kissing

- I received a copy of this book free from the author.  A favorable review was not required and all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.