Tuesday, January 10, 2017

To Warm a Wintered Heart by Deborah M. Hathaway


After an uneventful season in Bath, Miss Charlotte Rosebury returns home to Warwickshire, looking forward to a visit from her mother’s friend. Their expected guest, Mrs. Worthington, has promised that her son will be accompanying her, and as Charlotte has only ever heard stories of the gentleman who rarely leaves his Yorkshire estate, she is most pleased to meet him. However, when her warm welcome is returned with a fierce frown from the handsome man, she cannot help but long to be free of him and his blue-eyed glare.

Despite his mother’s protests, Mr. Gabriel Worthington had made the decision long ago to remain unmarried, but when he meets Charlotte, doubts about his decision creep into his fearful mind, and he wishes for nothing more than to flee from the woman and never return.

For weeks, the two are forced to live within the same home, and though they provoke one another with teasing and stolen glances, an unlikely friendship blossoms between them, a friendship that grows stronger than either of them had expected. Will Gabriel concede to the choices binding his heart, or can Charlotte’s warmth be just the thing to strengthen their love and, at last, end their fears?


Deborah Hathaway is a new author for me.  I haven't read any of her books before now and I'm so glad I got the chance!  This book was so good and after finishing it, I went right to Goodreads and Amazon to see what else I could find by her.  I'm excited to read the next book I picked up.  I've already started it!  Yay for finding new authors to follow!

Charlotte is the kind of person I would want to be around.  She is kindness personified.  I love how sincere and good Charlotte is and how hard she tries to give people the benefit of the doubt.  She knows how to stand up for herself but in a classy way.  I really loved that.  Gabriel really tests Charlotte's character on every front but Charlotte is patient and forgiving if she is anything.  

Gabriel is a bit deluded and self absorbed.  He is one ornery man most of the time.  I don't think anyone could walk away from Charlotte unchanged though, so Gabriel is doomed to be wooed to the light eventually.

I loved the gentle way this book flowed.  I was so invested and wrapped up in both Charlotte and Gabriel's stories.  Theirs was a dance of sorts- coming together, drawing apart, sometimes smiling, other times not.  Circling around and around.

If you love regency, you really need to check out this book.  It is worth it.  I enjoyed every moment with this book!

Content:  Clean

- I received a copy of this book from the author.  A positive review was not required and all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.