Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Long Time Gone (The Cimarron Legacy #2) by Mary Connealy


The Boden clan thought their troubles were over with the death of a dangerous enemy. But with new evidence on Cole's shooting, Justin can't deny that the plot to take their ranch was bigger than one man. While the doctor and his distractingly pretty assistant help Cole, Justin has to uncover the trail of a decades-old secret as danger closes in.

 * Amazon * Goodreads

I love reading Mary Connealy books.  The western setting, the rough cowboy heroes, the strong sense of loyalty and family all wrap together to make for a fantastic adventure.

This is the second book of this series and you really need to read these books in order.  There is an ongoing plot of mystery and danger that begins in the first book and continues on here.  It took me a quick minute to remember the last book and how everything ended there.  This book picks up right where the last book leaves off.  All the same characters from the first book are here, but the focus has shifted to someone else.

I don't think this was my favorite book of Mary Connealy's, but it was still good.  I had a hard time feeling really connected to Justin but I liked him.  Angie was a lot of fun and I liked her ability to stay calm and smart in stressful and anxious situations.  It's easy to get wrapped up in this story given the many elements that are continually humming.  Good writing, good plot.  I'm anxious to see how this story continues to play out and eventually resolves.

Content:  some mild violence

- I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.  A favorable review was not required and all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.