Friday, December 15, 2017

Once Upon a Time Travel by Sariah Wilson


Once upon a time…

Recent college grad Emma Damon knows the Rose Room in Hartley Hall is off limits, which is exactly why she can’t wait to get inside. Once she enters the forbidden room, Emma learns more about the history of the museum than she ever intended to know.

Waking up confused and shocked in 1816, all Emma wants is to return to her cozy home with flushing toilets and disposable razors. But when she’s mistaken for someone else, Emma must pretend to be everything she’s not. About to be engaged to the Earl of Hartley’s brother, Emma fails miserably at playing the role of a sophisticated lady.

Hartley is determined to ensure that the quirky and adorable woman marries his brother – despite his ever-growing attraction to her. After loving and losing, he refuses to fall prey to the shackles of love. But as his desire for Emma increases, he knows he must forfeit his happiness for his brother’s future. After all, there’s no such thing as happily ever after.

Or is there?


This book was highly entertaining to me.  I smiled a LOT and I even giggled out loud a few times.  I love when books amuse me.  Then you add in the ever growing attraction and tension between Emma and Hartley and I was completely hooked.  There were a few times I was mentally pulling my hair out and yelling, "Oh, COME ON!" only to be right back to giggling the next minute.  So fun.

There is a great cast of characters in this book and I loved the touch of the magical here.  I'd love to see this book grow into a series with some back stories about Hartley's sisters.  

Sariah Wilson is a go-to author for me.  This book is not like her others but it is surely one of her most amusing.  This is the perfect book for a romantic escape.  It will lighten your day and bring a smile to your face.

Content:  some kissing, making out that gets a little steamy but stays clean

- I received a copy of this book, per my request, from the publisher via NetGalley.  All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like such a clever idea. Great combination of things so many of us love--time travel, the Regency period and good old fashion romantic tension!

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.